NASA’s Principal Center for Recycling and Sustainable Acquisition (RSA) provides technical resources and supports NASA in the implementation of green purchasing and its recycling and waste diversion programs.
Executive Order (EO) 13834 Efficient Federal Operations, was signed by President Trump on May 17, 2018. The goal of EO 13834 is to drive continued action and focus on increasing efficiency of Federal buildings and vehicles, improving environmental performance, and accomplishing these goals in a manner that reduces costs.
- The Green Procurement Compilation (GPC) is a comprehensive green purchasing resource designed for federal contracting personnel and program managers. It helps you identify applicable green purchasing requirements by consolidating and organizing information from Federal environmental programs in one place, saving you from visiting multiple web sites. The GPC allows you to:
- Quickly identify federal green purchasing requirements for the products and services you buy;
- Search by keyword or browse by category to find products and services;
- Determine procurement options available to federal buyers, including applicable GSA Multiple Award Schedules (MAS), Federal Strategic Sourcing Initiative (FSSI) solutions, and GSA Global Supply;
- Learn more about federal environmental programs, such as WaterSense and BioPreferred; and
- Discover optional environmental programs and additional procurement guidance that will help you meet your sustainability goals.
- New Downloadable Resources for Services - The new Downloadable Resources section now offers Previous Solicitation Examples and Sample Solicitation/Contract Language (e.g., Cafeteria and Food Services).
Included in this FedCenter program area are links to, and highlights from programs which enable agencies to meet these goals including: Environmentally Preferable Purchasing (EPP), Comprehensive Procurement Guidelines (CPG), ENERGY STAR®, the Green Procurement Program (GPP), and the Federal Energy Management Program (FEMP).
- Using the General Service Administration (GSA) Schedules to Help You Buy "Green"
The learning objectives of this 34 slide presentation covers: (1) defining "green purchasing;" (2) identifying the rules and governance for "green" acquisitions; (3) locating available GSA products and services that can help agencies achieve their "green" goals; (4) recognizing the role the GSA schedules play in achieving sustainable procurements and; (5) identifying and purchasing from "green" suppliers through the multiple award schedules (MAS). The presentation is from a GSA Webinar (10/20/11).
- Office of Federal Procurement Policy – Sustainable Acquisition
- FedCenter Acquisition – Contract/Procurement Language – Links for contract and procurement language to enable agencies to meet federal procurement goals
- FedCenter Acquisition – Guidance – Links for guidance which enable agencies to meet federal procurement goals
- FedCenter Acquisition – Purchasing Guides - Links for purchasing guides which enable agencies to meet federal procurement goals
- “Quick and Dirty” Green Procurement Guide (Everything you Really Need to Know about Buying Green)
- Sustainable Procurement Language Database
The OMB MAX Federal Community website contains a database of sample sustainable procurement language. You can browse for sample language and submit sample language that has been successfully used on a procurement. New users must self-register here.