RSA TRAINING AND EVENTS
- Ames Research Center – Green Purchasing (ARC-002-06)
This SATERN course describes NASA's preference program for procuring environmentally preferable products and what federal purchasers need to know to comply with green purchasing rules.
- NASA Purchase Card Program (PROC–001-05)
This course covers the NASA Agency Purchase Card Program and Center Specific guidelines which are designed to provide training for NASA employees and those that are designated as approving officials. (Module length is approximately one hour and includes a twenty question test).
- Life Cycle Assessment (Global Stewardship)
This course provides an introduction to the concepts of sustainability and discusses environmental impacts of our everyday actions. Life Cycle Assessment (LCA), the process of comparing alternatives for environmental preferability, is explained. (LCA review is included in “greening the government” executive orders.) The course shows available LCA review tools, along with examples of those tools. Resources are also provided to assist with LCAs or to set up a "road show" presentation about LCA and Global Stewardship topics.
- How Requirements Get into Contracts
This presentation was given by Marilyn Chambers, NASA HQ Office of Procurement, at the 2009 Recycling and Affirmative Procurement/Pollution Prevention Workshop.
These websites contain training related to sustainable acquisition provided by other Agencies which may not reflect processes specific to NASA.
- Acquisition – FedCenter
Training, Presentations, and Briefings noted on the FedCenter website.
- GSA Interact Training
- Environmental Protection Agency - Environmentally Preferable Purchasing Tools
Developed by EPA and other federal agencies, these tools can assist federal purchasers with putting environmentally preferable purchasing into practice.
- Federal Energy Management Program (FEMP) - The FEMP website provides free on demand training for Federal agency managers on the latest energy requirements, best practices, and technologies. Categories include the following: (1) Design, operations and maintenance; (2) Energy efficient products; (3) Energy management; (4) Financing; (5) Fleet; (6) Greenhouse gases; (7) Laws, regulation, and guidance; (8) Renewable Energy and; (9) Water efficiency.
- NASA Biobased Procurement Training United Soybean Board and USDA’s offered in April, 2015
- Recycling/Pollution Prevention - FedCenter – Training, Presentations, and Briefings noted on the FedCenter website which enable agencies to meet the goals of EO 13693.
- U.S Department of Agriculture (USDA) Awareness Training for the BioPreferredSM Program
This resource is a supporting component in compliance with Section 9002 of the Farm Security and Rural Investment Act of 2002 (FSRIA). It directs the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) to develop and implement a comprehensive preferred procurement program for the Federal Government. The law requires Federal agencies to give procurement preference to USDA-designated biobased products and to develop sustainable acquisition programs for purchasing them and establishing tracking and reporting systems.